Chatham Street/Harry Street Area Improvement Scheme
The proposed works extend the full length of Chatham Street and Harry Street, from their junction with Grafton Street running westward to their junction with Clarendon Street, as well as Balfe Street, Chatham Lane and Swan Yard.
Scope of the work to be carried out
The proposed scheme includes:
- Excavation and repaving of streets in the area with new granite slabs and setts replacing the existing red clay pavers, granite slabs and other pavement materials
- Provision and installation of new watermains
- Provision of public lighting ducts and other service ducts
- Installation of street furniture in the form of bollards, bins and recreational seating.
- Replacement of all utility covers and frames within the site extents,
- Provision of greening facilities,
- Inclusion of sustainable urban drainage systems (SUDS)
Please see drawings below for the scheme's location and layout.
Dublin City Council has engaged Actavo (Ireland) Ltd. to construct the above road scheme under the supervision of Roads Construction Division (T. 01 222 3066 E. [email protected]), Environment and Transportation Department, Dublin City Council.
Actavo (Ireland) Ltd
New Nangor Road
Day-to-day contact: Site Engineer, Shane Doonan
086 8573000 [email protected]
Works are due to commence on Monday the 11th September, 2017 and are expected to continue for approximately 18 months (March 2019).
Working hours will be mainly 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Access to premises: pedestrian access to premises along the Scheme will be maintained at all times during the works. Vehicular access will be maintained as far as is reasonably practicable.
Shuttle/stop and go system and road closures
It will be necessary to operate a STOP-GO shuttle system on Chatham Lane to facilitate works on Balfe Street and a STOP-GO shuttle system on Balfe Street to facilitate works on Chatham Lane. Road Closures will be put in place on each street throughout the scheme. Only one closure will be in place at any given time.
Dublin City Council apologises in advance for any inconvenience caused and seeks the public’s understanding and cooperation during the course of these road improvement works.