City Neighbourhoods Competition
Please note for those who have entered the City Neighbourhoods Competition that the ceremony for the local heat will take place:
- On: The first Thursday in September
- Venue: Parnell's GAA Club, Coolock Village, D17.
- Time: 17.30 pm sharp
For further details please contact
Fiona Moore, North Central Area Office - 0874111350
What is the City Neighbourhoods Competition all about?
Objective of the Competition
The Dublin City Neighbourhoods Competition is run by Dublin City Council as a meaningfully way to acknowledge the selfless work done for our city by people in communities, businesses and schools. Entrants go to great lengths to improve and enhance their neighbourhood, keeping it clean and well presented. On a corporate level, the competition is used to foster a sense of civic pride, place and community and also to promote environmental awareness amongst all of our citizens.
Strong emphasis is placed on traditional values and community effort. For example, measures taken by entrants to control litter and graffiti in their area, the organising of socially inclusive community events and working in partnership with Dublin City Council, all contribute to high marks. The ultimate aim of the competition is to achieve a cleaner, greener environment and a more attractively presented locality that will benefit all of the residents and users of our city.
Details to note:
- Application forms are usually available by the end of April each year and will be posted on this site.
- Please ensure that you complete the form fully, giving details of all your activities and endeavours in keeping your area an attractive place to live. Should you require an extra page to outline same, just staple it to the back. A detailed map of the area to be judged would also be very helpful.
- Judging for the local area heat will take place in June
- Judging for the winners of the local heat going through to the citywide competition will take place in July
- The award ceremony for the local heat will take place on the first Thursday in September and the city wide ceremony will take place on the third Thursday in September. Participants will be notified of any change.
Special thanks to:
The residents of the North Central Area who have done both themselves & the area proud in recent years, with three of our groups (Ard na Greine, Woodlawn & Raheny Tidy Village Group) winning the overall City Neighbourhoods competition outright.
The North Central Area Office would also like to extend their thanks to Member First Credit Union (formerly Coolock Artane Credit Union), T.P. Whelehan and Parnell's GAA Club, Coolock, for their continued support of the City Neighbourhoods Competition.
For further information, contact: Fiona Moore, North Central Area Office – 222 8863