Joint Policing Committees
Joint Policing Committees were established under section 36 of the Garda Síochána Act 2005. In 2006, the Joint Policing Committees started on a pilot basis in 29 local authority areas. Following the evaluation of the pilot phase, the roll out of committees to all 114 City, County and Town council areas started in 2008.
The purpose of these committees is to provide a forum where a local authority and the senior Garda officers responsible for the policing of that area, with the participation of Oireachtas members and community interests, can consult, discuss and make recommendations on matters affecting the policing of the area.
Joint Policing Committees are required to make an annual report of their activities to the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform. This will allow for monitoring of the progress being made by committees and consideration of the key issues, which may emerge from the work of the committee.
Available to download
- November 2015 JPC Minutes Dublin South Central
- July 2015 JPC Minutes Dublin South Central
- April 2015 JPC Minutes Dublin South Central
- January 2015 JPC Minutes Dublin South Central
- November 2014 Minutes SCA JPC
- March 2014 Minutes SCAC JPC
- January 2014 Minutes SCAC JPC