Access to Information on the Environment (AIE)
Request Environmental Information
To submit a request, write us a letter that outlines the type of information you want and send it to the address shown below.
Note: When writing your letter make sure to state that you are seeking access to information under 'Access to Information on the Environment Regulations 2007 to 2014’.
We will reply to within 1 month of receiving your application.
If you require assistance with your application or need further information contact us at the address below.
Categories of Information you can Access
The Directive covers information held in written, visual, aural, electronic or any other material form. There are 6 categories of information within this Directive:
- The state of the elements of the environment, e.g. air, water, soil, land, landscape, biological diversity
- Factors affecting, or likely to affect, the elements of the environment, e.g. energy, noise, radiation, waste, other releases into the environment
- Measures designed to protect the elements of the environment, e.g. policies, legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements
- Reports on the implementation of environmental legislation
- Analyses and assumptions used within the framework of measures designed to protect the environment
- The state of human health and safety, the food chain, cultural sites and built structures in as much as they may be affected by the elements of the environment
Dublin City Council may apply charges for photocopying of documents. Charges will be on the same basis as those currently applied under the Freedom of Information Acts i.e.
- Photocopy : €0.04 per A4 page
- CD: €10.16
Right of Appeal
If you are not satisfied with the response to your letter, you can request an internal review to a higher officer within Dublin City Council.
To request an internal review, write to us at the address below.
If you are not satisfied with the response from the Higher Officer, you can then contact the Office of the Information Commissioner to submit an appeal.
Dublin City Council
Information Management Section
Corporate Services Department
Tel: (01) 222 3775