Music: Naxos Music Library
Published on 1st November 2021
Naxos Music Library [NML] is the world´s largest online classical music library, and it sets the industry standard in streaming classical music. Classical content includes:
- A wide range of standard and specialist repertoire with hundreds of albums added each month
- Music notes, cover artwork, tracklist, instrumentation and publisher information
- Libretti of over 65 and synopses of close to 1000 operas
- More than 40,000 composer and artist biographies
You also have access to a wide selection of Jazz music, from Jazz legends to contemporary Jazz, featuring over 20,000 albums, and with new content added weekly.
Furthermore, NML provides access to a vast array of educational resources which include:
- Hundreds of aural training exercises
- Guided Tours on classical music eras
- Audio book transcriptions about the history of classical music and opera with listening examples
- A pronunciation guide on composer and artist names as well as musical terms
- In-depth analyses of selected works
- Work details with instrumentation, publishers, duration, year of composition and available recordings of the work
- An interactive music dictionary with music examples and notation
- Easy-to-use yet sophisticated search engines
NML's has a Junior Section which helps parents to introduce the world of classical music to young children. Children can listen to audio books such as “The Story of Classical Music” and “The Instruments of the Orchestra”, or simply enjoy classic stories with classical music.
NML is also an e-learning resource that can be used by second level students. The Study Notes section provides a resource for both Junior and Leaving Certificate students. The study notes have been laid out according to the different courses with a selection of the songs and works included. There is general information on each song and on the form of the work followed by a short analysis.
NML can be accessed from any computer, anywhere, anytime. To register for Naxos please send an email with your name and library card number to [email protected].