The new work pod in the Central Library
Published on 3rd April 2023
The work pod has been installed to provide a more private collaborative space for library members to use for work related activities e.g. online interviews, training, group project work or (non-fee) tutoring. The unit is equipped with power and can seat up to four people.
Rules and guidelines for use of the Work Pod
The work pod can be reserved by borrowers aged 15 years or older with a valid public library card from any library authority in the country. The work pod can be reserved over the phone (01 2228300) or in person at the main desk in the Central Library. The reservation must be made by the person(s) using the space.
Reservations are limited to two consecutive hours per day.
The Work Pod can be reserved two days per week. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance. Reservations will be held for 10 minutes past the allotted time before the session is released to another user. You must notify a member of staff at the main desk when you have finished your session.
Guidelines for use:
- Check-in at the library information desk to use the pod
- A maximum of four people can use the pod at any time
- No food is allowed: however, closed container drinks are allowed
- Be mindful of sound volume – the room is not completely sound proof
- Please keep the pod clean and tidy. Litter must be disposed of using the bins located in the Library
- Please do not leave any items unattended. The Central Library assumes no responsibility for unattended items.
- Personal items must be brought into the room with you, do not leave items on the floor outside the pod.
- Your session may be reassigned if left unattended for more than 15 minutes
- Misuse of the pod or damage to the interior will result in the loss of library privileges
- By using the pod facilities, you are deemed to have agreed to these guidelines, our Acceptable Usage Policy and terms and conditions
- Failure to comply with Library policies and procedures may result in you being prohibited from using all Library services