My Open Library: Raheny
Published on 2nd December 2022
My Open Library is an unstaffed, self-service library, available at Raheny Library every day of the year! During My Open Library Hours you can borrow and return items, print, photocopy, use the Internet, access Free Wifi and use our study space.
- Available from 8am - 10pm 7 days a week.
- You must have a valid Dublin City Libraries card. Join online.
- You must be 16 or over to register for this service. Under 16s can access with a parent or guardian only. Borrowers must bring a valid age ID (passport, age card etc.)
- Read My Open Library Raheny Library leaflet (PDF) | Mo Oscailte Leabharlann ag Leabharlann Ráth Eanaigh (PDF)
- If you would like to become a My Open Library Member please book an induction session
- In order to be granted MOL access, patrons must attend a brief health and safety walkthrough with a member of staff. There is no need to book these sessions, but please bring along your library card and some photo ID.
Staffed hours continue on the normal schedule. The library is monitored by CCTV all the time.
To request access please ensure you have up-to-date Dublin City Libraries membership and complete this form to book an induction session. We will then be in touch regarding your induction session.
Entering and Exiting the library
- You must have your library card and PIN. Scan your card under the barcode reader beside the front door.
- The barcode must be facing up and the numbers facing in. When you hear a beep, enter your PIN. The door will open automatically.
- Wait in the foyer until the door has closed. It is your responsibility not to let anyone else in. You must enter separately from any other My Open Library Member.
- When exiting the library, the automatic doors will open as you approach and close behind you when you exit.
Entering the Toilet
- The accessible toilet is located in the adult library (indicated on the below map).
- You will need a PIN to access the toilet.
- You will be given this PIN when you register for My Open Library
- Push open the door and manually lock the door behind you.
- To exit, unlock the door and press the switch beside the door to open it.
- In case of emergency use the intercom inside the toilet to contact the monitoring company who will assist you.
The library closes at 10pm sharp. Please follow the audio instructions and leave the library on time. The intruder alarm will set automatically at closing time. Anyone remaining in the library after 10pm will activate the intruder alarm, alerting the security company.
Email [email protected] to report any issues arising while using My Open Library at Raheny library. In the case of an emergency, follow the procedure below.
In the event of a fire alarm a siren will be triggered in the building. Please leave the library through the nearest emergency exit. In the event of a power cut, emergency lighting will activate. Please leave the library through the nearest emergency exit.
There are three emergency exits (as shown on above map)
- The front door to the library
- The emergency exit door from the Children’s library to the outside of the building
- The emergency exit door beside the public toilet in the adult library
Please note: the exit to the library garden is locked and not operational during My Open Library hours.
The Assembly Point is at the library carpark entrance beside Tully’s pharmacy.
If you feel unsafe in the library, or someone follows you in without using their card and pin:
- Use the grey emergency phone to contact the monitoring company or use your mobile phone to contact the monitoring company on 049-9527100.
- In the case of an emergency use your mobile phone to call 999 / 112 for emergency services.
- The Library Eircode is D05VY9
A First Aid Box is located beside the emergency phone.