Commemorations Community Grants
Information on commemorations and community grants.
Under its Commemorations Programme Dublin City Council has established a Community Grants Scheme to support community-based groups and community organisations and partnerships, who want to organise dignified and appropriate commemorative events.
Who can submit proposals?
Schools, community groups and community organisations with an interest in history may submit a proposal for a project to commemorate an event/person.
Certain criteria are required for projects to proceed to the assessment process. To be eligible for funding the event/project must:
- Take place in the Dublin City Council administrative area
- Be organised at community level and encourage participation from the community
- Enhance the knowledge of the history of the event in question
- Be respectful and appropriate
- Be a quality event based on sound historical basis
- Be a feasible project with a historical dimension, designed on a realistic financial basis
- Provide good value-for-money
- Be accessible to diverse audiences and participants
- Adhere to legal requirements e.g. planning laws, health and safety requirements
- Be inclusive in theme and approach
The following criteria are highly desirable for events/projects:
- An event/project organised in partnership with another community/history group
- Be aimed at a particular demographic group (e.g. young people, senior citizens),
- Involve an historian
- Involve an artist or have an artistic dimension
What items and expenses are excluded from the fund?
- Capital projects and infrastructural projects e.g. plaques, building restoration, monuments
- Spend on alcoholic beverages, fines, legal costs, penalty payments
- In general, the cost of items for resale are ineligible
How much can I apply for?
In general, grants of up to €2,000 may be awarded (in a small number of cases Dublin City Council may consider allocating higher amounts of funding).
How do I apply?
Please complete and submit the online application form.
Please note that if you receive a grant, you will be required to provide the following after the event/project take place:
- Evidence that the event/project has taken place
- Receipts for all items and the full costs
- A report on the event/project
Freedom of Information
Dublin City Council is subject to provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) 1997, 2003. If you consider that any information supplied by you is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted and the reasons for sensitivity specified. In such cases, the relevant material will, in response to an FOI request, be examined in the light of the exemptions provided for in the Acts.
For more information please contact [email protected]