Pay and Display Parking
Parking is zone based in Dublin city with different charges for the different zones. The yellow zone charges €3.50 per hour, the red zone charges €3.00 per hour, the green zone charges €1.80 per hour, the orange zone charges €1.10 per hour and the blue zone charges €0.80c per hour. These zones are indicated by the colour strip on the street sign where you are parked and also on the pay-and-display machines on the street. The operational times are on the street signs. The white zone is a small central core section of the yellow zone that charges €1.60 per hour and is operational between 2pm and 6pm on Sundays.
Parking in a pay-and-display parking space
These spaces are indicated on street signs. Do not park in a space reserved for people with disabilities unless you display a 'Disabled Person’s Parking Permit'. Vehicles that display a Disabled Person’s Parking Permit can park in any pay-and-display/disabled parking bay without making a payment for parking.
Check the hours during which you have to buy a ticket
These are indicated on street signs, e.g. "07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Saturday". In some areas you have to pay after 19:00, as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Parking is free if you park outside of the indicated hours, or if you park on a day of the year when parking is free, such as Christmas Day (except where other restrictions apply, e.g. a clearway or bus lane).
Paid parking controls shall not apply in any paid parking area on the following days:
- St. Patrick's Day (17th March)
- Friday 18th March 2022 (Public Holiday)
- Easter Sunday and Monday
- May public holiday (first Monday in May)
- June public holiday (first Monday in June)
- August public holiday (first Monday in August)
- October public holiday (last Monday in October)
- Christmas Day (25th December)
- St. Stephen's Day (26th December)
- New Year's Day (1st January)
If you park within the indicated hours you must
- Buy a ticket from a ticket machine located on the street. Follow the instructions on the machine. You can pay in cash at the majority of machines. Credit/debit card payments can also be made at some machines
- Place the ticket inside your car on the dashboard so it is clearly visible from outside the car. Consult ticket for instructions
- Alternatively you can pay for your parking on Parking Tag – all details are on www.parkingtag.ie
Bear in mind:
- If you still have time left on your ticket when you return to your car, you can use it elsewhere (provided you do not park in a more expensive zone)
- One hour after paid parking controls end at night, you can buy a ticket for the following morning
- You are allowed to park in areas with combined pay-and-display and Residential Permit Parking
- If the machine is out of order, you can still pay for your parking on Parking Tag – www.parkingtag.ie
- Remember, the onus is always on the vehicle owner to ensure their vehicle is paid for when parking in a residential/pay-and-display road
- Please ensure that you consult with local street signage for any parking restrictions
Paying by mobile phone
With Parking Tag you can pay for your parking through your phone. It is a convenient, cashless solution with a choice of options designed around you.
You can make once-off payments using your phone in the following ways:
- Park Now on the Parking Tag website – pay instantly with your credit or debit card
- By SMS to your credit or debit card – simply text [PARK] [ZONE] [MINUTES] [CAR REG] to 53311 and follow the instructions
- Charge to your mobile – you can charge your parking to your Vodafone or 3 mobile phone bill or credit. Text [PARK] [ZONE] [MINUTES] [CAR REG] [M] to 53311
- In-store – you can pay for your parking at a Payzone retail store, Tell the staff member which zone you are parked in and your car registration. View a full list of Payzone retail stores.
- For further information on the once-off payment options visit www.parkingtag.ie and see their terms and conditions.
For further information on the once-off payment options visit www.parkingtag.ie
You can set up an auto top-up account so you never have to worry about remembering your card details. You can register for an account through the app or the Parking Tag website
Registered customers can park by:
- App – download the app from the App Store or from Google Play
- SMS – simply text [PARK] [ZONE] [MINUTES] [CAR REG] to 53311
- Phone – call 01 2449999 and follow the prompts
For more information on options for registered customers visit the Parking Tag website.
If you need to speak with a member of the Parking Tag team, call 0800 300 161 from Monday to Saturday from 8am to 7pm.