Special Planning Control Schemes
A Special Planning Control Scheme (SPCS) allows Dublin City Council to specify development objectives for the preservation or enhancement of an architectural conservation area.
In order to create these areas Dublin City Council must:
- Publish a public notice in national newspapers stating that this area is proposed for a Special Planning Control Scheme.
- Invite submissions from the public about the proposed scheme.
- Consider the proposed scheme and by resolution, approve or refuse the scheme.
Two SPCS have been created for the city centre. These include:
- O’Connell Street and Environs
- Grafton Street and Environs