These resources have been developed and made available online by Dublin City Library and Archive.
An online resource guide to 1916 focuses on collections held in the Dublin City Library and Archive including:
- Elsie McDermid letter – Civilian eye-witness account written from Merrion Square in 1916
- Dublin Fire Brigade Ambulance Logbook – Account for Tara Street Station for Easter 1916
- Patrick English collection – Letters of a GPO volunteer written in Frongoch
- Monica Roberts collection – Diary of a young Stillorgan woman during Easter Week 1916
Dublin City Libraries and Archives Digital Repository includes:
- Birth of the Republic – Collection of Irish political ephemera covering the period 1864–1942
- The Royal Dublin Fusiliers Association Archive
- Jacob's Biscuit Factory Archive – Archives of W. & R. Jacob’s biscuit factory were acquired by Dublin City Library & Archive in January 2012. Materials from the collection relating to the 1916 Rising are available online
Dublin City Library & Archive’s dedicated website, databases.dublincity.ie contains a suite of databases relevant to the history of Dublin and its citizens, including those who lived and worked in Dublin at the time of the 1916 Rising. The Dublin City Electoral Lists (1908-1915) contain details of people registered to vote in the city; while the Dublin City Council minutes provide insights into the decisions of the Corporation and the work of its staff in the immediate aftermath of the rising.