Children's books on feelings and emotions
Published on 18th May 2022
As children grow, they begin to encounter new experiences, situations and feelings which can sometimes be hard to deal with or understand. Reading books is a friendly, engaging, creative and informal way to help parents interact and talk to their children about any situation or feeling they may be experiencing. Dublin City Libraries provide children and their parents with a wide range of books covering a multitude of topics to help children understand what is happening. We have board books, picture books and non-fiction books for you to enjoy and to make discussing these topics less daunting.
The books that we stock in our libraries cover topics such as:
- Emotions, Feelings and Anxieties
- Parents and Families
- Siblings and New Baby
- First Experiences
- Life Experiences
- Potty Training
- Bedtime and Sleep
- Embracing Differences
- Accepting Everyone
- Being You!
Some of my favourite books include;
- Ruby's Worry by Tom Percival
- The Same But Different by Emer O'Neill
- Prince & Knight by Daniel Haack
- The Worrysaurus by Rachel Bright
- Super Duper You by Sophy Henn
- The Sue Graves behavioural series (Tiger has a Tantrum, Monkey Needs to Listen, Elephant Learns to Share). Browse our catalogue here.
Eimear in Phibsboro Library