Storytelling and Toddler groups at Dublin City Libraries
Published on 29th March 2023
Toddler Group / Baby Group/ Storytime takes place in the following Dublin City Libraries. Days and times can vary so it is advisable to check with the relevant library in advance.
Some Toddler/Baby groups do not meet during July or August or during school holidays. Please check with your library.
Donaghmede Library, Drumcondra Library and Marino Library are not currently running toddler groups but are well-stocked and there is no shortage of board books, activity books, picture books, pop-up books, series books, oversized books, games and toys - for children to enjoy on their visits. Series books are written by the same author and/or illustrated by the same artist. The idea is that once children get to know the core characters, they will want to keep following them on their next adventure. We showcase classics that have stood the test of time as well as new titles that will become favourites. Donaghmede Library hopes to offer a sensory storytime in the future; a member of staff is taking part in a project with local creches and schools presently, so watch this space!
Toddler / Baby Group/ Storytime for children
- Toddler Morning on Monday mornings in the Junior Library from 10.30-11.30am.
- Children's story time is on Wednesdays at 3pm for ages 4 - 6.
- The Toddler Book Club meets on Thursdays from 10 - 10.45am and is suitable for children aged 2 years to preschool age.
- The Baby Book Club meets on Mondays at 10am and is suitable for newborns to 2 year olds. Both clubs will include stories, activities and toys.
- The Toddler Group is on Mondays and Thursdays from 10.30am - 12.00pm. No need to book.
- Children's story time is on Wednesdays 3.15- 3.45pm for ages 3 - 8.
- Stay and Play weekly toddler playgroup takes place on Monday mornings at 10.30am. We provide the toys and space, you provide the fun!
- Toddler Storytime at the Central Library takes place every Wednesday morning at 10.30am. We have stories, some music and fun, and you're welcome to stay in the library afterwards to mingle and get to know other parents. Suitable for ages 1-3 but all are welcome.
Charleville Mall Library
Adult and Toddler Group run by the Early Learning Initiative meets every Friday from 10.30 - 11.30am. Places are limited.
The toddler group meets every Monday and Thursday from 10.30 - 11.30am. Make friends, sing songs, listen to stories and have fun playing with all our fantastic toys.
Dolphin's Barn Library
Toddler group takes place on Thursdays from 10:30am to 12pm. The group is self-sufficient and there is a selection of suitable toys and books available and sometimes some of the parents read to the children.
The Toddler Book Group run by Barnardos meets on Thursdays and Fridays at 10am during term-time. There are two morning sessions which are fully subscribed at the moment. Please contact Barnardos or the library for details. E: [email protected]
The toddler group meets on Wednesday mornings from 10-11am. However, it's fully booked at present.
Kevin Street Library
Toddler story time is on Wednesdays at 10.30am with stories and songs.
Pearse Street Library
Toddler and Storytime group facilitated by the wonderful Early Learning Initiative meets every Tuesday and Friday morning from 10.30am. The group features story-time, songs and rhymes followed by playtime. Places are limited so booking is advised - booking is via Eventbrite.
The toddler group is on Thursday morning from 10.30 - 11.30am. Creative toys are placed in a circle on the floor to encourage children to socialise under the supervision of their parent or guardian. Stories are told and simple children's songs are sung.
Toddler Storytime takes place on the second Tuesday of the month (except August) at 11.30am. All are welcome.
The Raheny Library Toddler Group meets every Tuesday morning (excluding Tuesdays after Bank Holidays) from 10.00am to 11.30am. No booking required.
The toddler group meets every Thursday at 1pm and runs throughout the year. The library would warmly welcome new participants so contact the library if interested. E: [email protected]
The toddler group meets every Thursday at 11am. All babies and toddlers will be welcome and there’s no need to book.
The toddler group meets every Tuesday from 10am and continues throughout the summer.
- My Storytime is suitable for babies from 0 - 2 yrs old and meets every Tuesday from 10.45 - 11.30am. It includes stories and songs. Places are limited so please email [email protected]
- My Sensory Hour for primary school children and their parents/carers takes place from 3.30 - 4.30pm each week.
Join our Mailing List! Sign-up to our "What's on in Dublin City Libraries" mailing list
Further reading: Children's books on feelings and emotions and our sensory services.