Applying for a Non-Resident Family Member (Carers) Permit
This is for immediate family members who visit you for the purpose of providing care, but do not live with you.
Immediate family member means a spouse, father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, niece, nephew, aunt or uncle.
The permit may be issued with a maximum of two vehicle registration numbers on it.
You can apply for a Non- Resident Family Member Residential Parking Permit by completing the application form (see below) and submitting it to the Parking Permits Section (see details below) along with the appropriate supporting documents.
You must submit:
- A fully completed application form.
- Two proofs of residence, for the person requiring the daily care, dated in the last 3 months see list of acceptable documents below.
- Written confirmation from the resident’s doctor that the resident requires on-going daily care for a chronic illness – dated within the last 3 months.
- A copy of the non-resident family member’s current Insurance Certificate for the vehicle with his/her name, address and vehicle registration number.
Please note the following will not be accepted by the City Council: Temporary Insurance Certificates; International motor insurance cards (“Green Cards”); Insurance Discs; Insurance Schedules; Insurance Renewal Notices or receipts and letters in lieu of the Insurance Certificate.
- A copy of the non-resident family member's current full or provisional Drivers License
Your Non-Resident (Carers) Parking Permit will be posted to you at the address provided on the application form.
Complete applications can be submitted to [email protected]