Residential Parking Permit
If you are resident and live on a street or road that has a Pay-and-Display and Permit Parking Scheme, you may be eligible to buy a Resident's Parking Permit from Dublin City Council.
In order to be eligible to apply for a Residential Parking Permit the address on the application form must be your normal address. This means that you either live and reside, or satisfy the Council that you intend to live and reside, overnight for more than 183 days per year at this address.
You can apply for a Residential Parking Permit by completing the application form (see below) and submitting it to the Parking Permits Section (see details below) along with the appropriate supporting documents.
You must submit:
- A fully completed application form.
- Two proofs of residence dated in the last 3 months see list of acceptable documents below.
- A copy of your current full or provisional Drivers License
- A copy of the current Insurance Certificate for the vehicle, the address on the insurance certificate must correspond with the address on the application form.
Please note the following will not be accepted by the City Council: Temporary Insurance Certificates; International motor insurance cards (“Green Cards”); Insurance Discs; Insurance Schedules; Insurance Renewal Notices or receipts and letters in lieu of the Insurance Certificate.
- If you are an employee with (i) a company car or (ii) a private car insured by the company, you must supply a copy of the Vehicle Licensing Certificate, a copy of the company insurance certificate and a letter from the company stating that you are employed by them, your address, the vehicle registration number and that either (i) you have habitual use of the company vehicle or (ii) that your private car is insured by the company, as appropriate.
€400 for 1 year or €750 for 2 years if your building contains more than 4 housing units, has off-road parking available to it and is located in a low demand zone.
€400 for 1 year or €750 for 2 years if your building is a converted house, contains more than 4 housing units, has off-road parking available to it and is located in a heavy demand zone (see condition 11).
€50 for 1 year and €80 for 2 years for all other first-time applicants.
Your Residential Parking Permit will be posted to you at your address.
Complete applications can be submitted to [email protected]