Albert College Park
Albert College Park is on the Ballymun Road in Glasnevin. The park has a playground, soccer and GAA pitches, tennis courts, a boules green, a cricket crease and an outdoor gym.
|January||10:00 - 17:00|
|February||10:00 - 17:30|
|March||10:00 - 18:30 before clocks go forward
10:00 - 19:30 after clocks go forward
|April||10:00 - 20:30|
|May||10:00 - 21:30|
|June and July||10:00 - 22:00|
|August||10:00 - 21:30|
|September||10:00 - 20:30|
|October||10:00 - 19:30 before clocks go back
10:00 - 18:30 after clocks go back
|November||10:00 - 17:30|
|December||10:00 - 17:00|
Some parks with a large number of gates will start to close half an hour before the above times to allow enough time for all gates to be closed at the designated hour.
Sometimes known as Hampstead Park, Albert College Park was once the grounds of Hampstead House. The house was named after Hampstead Heath in London as both lie on high ground and have sweeping views of the city.
In 1838, The Glasnevin Institution for agricultural teaching was established on the site. After a visit from Prince Albert in 1853, it was renamed Albert College.
By 1900, Albert College was a national centre of excellence for agricultural training. Cuilίn House, which was the residence of the college’s director stands to this day. In 1927, Professor Paul A. Murphy put the college on the world map when he discovered the cause of the potato famine - the potato blight fungus.
Download the Albert College Park Native Tree Trail in English or Irish.
- Boules Court
- Changing Facilities
- Cricket Crease
- GAA Pitch
- Outdoor Gym
- Soccer Pitch
- Tennis Court