About the Online Planning Application Process
Certain planning applications can be made online.
You can make a planning application online if your application is one of the following:
- Class 1: Single residential unit
- Class 2: Domestic extension
- Class 9: The provision of an advertisement structure or the use of an existing structure or other land for the exhibition of advertisements
- Class 13: Development not coming within Classes 1 to 12
Note: Planning applications involving protected structures cannot be submitted using our online service.
To use this facility you must first register as a user. Once an account has been created, you can manage your online applications.
This allows you to:
- Review previously submitted applications
- Partially complete an application
- Check on the current status of an application
What information/documentation do I need to complete an online application?
Before you submit your application online, you should have the following files saved in PDF format. These files must be attached to your application as part of the application process.
- Scanned copy of newspaper notice. You must scan the entire page of the newspaper in which the notice appears. Note: The date of publication and newspaper name must be clearly visible
- Scanned copy of the site notice. This document must be in colour format
- Applicants must only submit documents
- Viewable using Adobe Reader
- Drawings must be converted into PDF files
- If your application requires the consent of the owner, you must include a scanned copy of this document with your application
- Credit card/Laser card details
The mandatory fields on the form must all be completed. The system will not allow you to continue with the application process until you have entered information in these fields.
How will I know if my application has been received?
You will receive email confirmation of your payment of the planning fees. Details of the application you have submitted will also appear in the personal account you have created. A PDF document will be attached to this entry, showing all of the information you have entered in the online application.
What is the registration date of my application?
An application lodged up to midnight on a working day will be registered as received on that day. Otherwise, the registration date will be the next working day.
Who should I contact if I have problems completing the application online?
All queries in relation to lodging online applications should be referred to [email protected]. Please provide as much detail as possible to enable us to refer your problem to the appropriate person.