Pháirc San Audeon
Located beside the medieval St Audoen's Church in High Street, this garden-like park incorporates the first stone city wall, dating from the c. 1100 and St Audoen’s Arch, the last surviving entrance to the old city.
St. Audoen’s Park, is widely recognized as an important open space which has the potential to play a key role in the city centre, providing improved access, permeability and enjoyment for locals and visitors.
The history of the site is richly layered. The park is located within the medieval City Walls, on the site of St. Audoen’s graveyard, and includes one of the original gates (St. Audoen’s Gate) and a section of the original City Walls. Layer upon layer of change is illustrated in historic maps, but the significance of the site and its spatial relationship with the surrounding urban fabric can still be sensed