Ba mhaith liom mo Theach a cheannach ón gComhairle
Scéim nua í an Scéim Ceannaigh Incrimintigh ag Tionóntaí 2017 a cheadaíonn do thionóntaí Chomhairle Cathrach Bhaile Átha Cliath a dtithe a cheannach.
Can I apply?
In order to apply, you must be a tenant of Dublin City Council for a minimum of one year and be earning over €15,000 (not all from social welfare). You must also have the necessary finance in place to purchase the property (via own funds/savings, mortgage approval with a bank/lending institution, or Dublin City Council House Purchase Loan approval).
Exceptions to the scheme
- Apartments and duplex units.
- One-bedroom houses.
- Houses that are under-occupied, i.e., three/four/five-bedroom houses with one occupant.
- Houses specifically designed for occupation by the elderly (senior citizens complexes).
- Houses that have been specifically designed in a group setting for members of the travelling community.
- Houses managed by a housing body.
- Houses purchased by Dublin City Council under the Rental Accommodation Scheme.
- Houses purchased by Dublin City Council under the Mortgage to Rent Scheme.
- Anti-social behaviour: No-one living in your home can be engaged in anti-social behaviour.
- Arrears: You must not have been behind in your rent or Dublin City Council charges for more than 12 weeks in the past three years. If so, a payment arrangement must have been agreed or in place. Your application will be accepted; however, it will not be processed until all arrears are cleared.
- You must not have bought a house under an earlier tenant purchase scheme.
Can I resell the house?
Yes, but charges will apply.
You will be able to resell your house at any time with the agreement of Dublin City Council. However, if you sell before the end of the 20, 25 or 30 years, you will have to pay back the value of the outstanding charge on your house to Dublin City Council.
I think I am eligible to apply. What do I do next?
Contact us using the details below. There is an application fee of €150