Rent / Rent Arrears

How is my rent calculated?

Your rent is calculated under the current Differential Rent Scheme.  The rent is based on the weekly assessable income of your household - this means that the amount of rent you pay depends on your total household income.  For further information, please refer to the Tenant Handbook.

How can I pay my rent?

What if there is a change in my household income?

You should post copies of income details to our office i.e. P60’s, payslips, Department of Social Protection payslips etc., for all people in your home. We will then make an appointment to see you.

What happens if there is a change in my family size?

You should make contact with us prior to any new person moving in to your home. If a person in your home moves out, please contact us to re-assess your Rent.

What should I do if have arrears on my rent?

Contact us immediately. A repayment plan will be agreed between you and the City Council to work out weekly repayments to include rent and arrears.

For further advice on managing money and debt, contact the Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) at or 1890 283 438

Contact Us:

Housing Rents Section
Phone: 1800 679555 / 01 222 2211

If you live in any of the three areas below, please contact your area office:

Ballymun Area Office, Ballymun Civic Centre, Main Street, Ballymun, Dublin 11; Phone: 01 222 5610
Ballyfermot Area Office, Ballyfermot Community Civic Centre, Ballyfermot Road, Dublin 10; Phone: 01 620 7128
Finglas Area Office Finglas Civic Centre, Mellowes Road, Dublin 11; Phone: 01 222 5420