About Dublin City Local Community Development Committee
Information on the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC).
Dublin City Local Community Development Committee
The Dublin City Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) was established in July 2014, in line with government policy. It is made up of representatives from Dublin City Council, other state agencies and social and economic partners (for a list of members please see below). Support for the LCDC is provided by the Community and Social Development section in Dublin City Council.
The key functions of the LCDC include:
- The preparation and implementation of the community element of the Dublin City Local Economic and Community Plan 2016 – 2021
- Bringing a more joined-up approach to local and community development activity in the city
- Coordinating and monitoring the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP)
- The approval and funding of the Community Enhancement Programme (which builds on and replaces the Community Facilities Scheme and RAPID)
Dublin City Local Economic and Community Plan 2016 – 2021 (LECP) was adopted by the Dublin City Council in December 2015.
The LECP is made up of two documents:
- A six-year strategy document setting out the 12 high-level goals for the lifetime of the plan
- An Action Plan that will be up-dated annually
Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) aims to tackle poverty, social exclusion and unemployment through local engagement and partnership between individuals, community organisations and public sector agencies.
It is funded nationally by the Irish Government and co-funded by the European Union. It is delivered in five separate areas across Dublin city by five different organisations and is monitored by the Local Community Development Committee.
Membership of the Dublin City Local Community Development Committee
Councillor Carolyn Moore (chairperson)
Councillor Tara Deacy (Vice chairperson)
Public sector members
Councillor Carolyn Moore
Councillor Tara Deacy
Councillor Racheal Batten
Councillor Colm O’Rourke
Councillor Noeleen Reilly
Brendan Kenny, Dublin City Council
Greg Swift, Local Enterprise Office (LEO)
Martina Queally, Health Service Executive
Blake Hodkinson, City of Dublin Education and Training Board
Private sector members
Sandra Dillon, Social Inclusion pillar (Dublin City Public Participation Network)
Michelle Murphy , Social Inclusion pillar (Dublin City Public Participation Network)
Kelley Bermingham, Community and Voluntary pillar (Dublin City Public Participation Network)
Anne Talbot, Community and Voluntary pillar (Dublin City Public Participation Network)
Paula Galvin, Environment pillar (Dublin City Public Participation Network)
Anne Fitzgerald, Ballyfermot Chapelizod Partnership
Paul Rogers, Northside Partnership
Dr Deiric O’Broin, NorDubCo
Dr Sarah Millar, Rediscovery Centre
Karen Smollen, SIPTU