Dublin City Community Enhancement Programme 2020
Information on the Dublin City Community Enhancement Programme 2020.
This Fund is now closed
The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) provides capital funding to community groups across Ireland. This allows these groups to enhance facilities in disadvantaged areas. The CEP is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development. It has provided €25 million in funding since 2018 and in 2020 provided €7 million of grant funding towards enhancing the facilities available to communities. In 2018 a stream of funding was available to Men's Sheds, in 2019 this stream was extended to include Women's Sheds.
The Programme has a focus on supporting groups in disadvantaged areas. Typical enhancements under the CEP include:
- IT and CCTV equipment
- minor improvements to buildings
- minor renovation of community centres
- development of community amenities
- purchase of equipment for community usage.
- improvements to town parks, common areas and energy-saving projects
The CEP is administered by Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) in each Local Authority area. The Dublin City LCDC administers the CEP in the administrative area of Dublin City Council.
In 2020 there were two rounds of the CEP. Dublin City was allocated €112,860 under Round 1 and €478,005 under Round 2. Applications for both rounds of this fund were invited via an online system. Both rounds are closed.
Updated Timeline Round 1
- Opening Date for applications 5th August 2020
- Closing Date for applications 28th August 2020
- Groups notified 25th and 26th November 2020
Updated Timeline Round 2
- Opening Date for applications 27th October 2020
- Closing Date for applications 13th November 2020
- Groups expected to be notified May 2021