Is my building safe
Buildings need to be safe from fire or able to notify their residence or public in the event of fire.
To be sure your building is fire safe, ask if the following features are working and maintained:
- Fire doors
- Fire detection and alarm system
- Emergency lighting
- Escape routes clear
- Ironmongery on escape doors (not locked)
- Compartmentation of walls and floors
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Sprinkler system
- Automatic opening vents in stairs
- Management procedures
Not every building will have all these features.
If you need advice or are concerned with the fire safety features of your building such as fire doors, fire detection alarm systems, emergency lighting, escape routes etc you can contact Dublin Fire Brigade Fire prevention duty officer call (01) 222 4066.