Useful Links for Building Designers and Owners
If you're a building designer or owner, the following list of codes and standards and building regulations might help you to make sure that your building is safe from fire.
If you have further questions about fire safety, please contact us at [email protected] or T. (01) 222 4000.
- Technical Guidance Document B, 2006 – Fire Safety
- Technical Guidance Document K, 2014 – Stairways, Ladders, Ramps and Guards
- Technical Guidance Document M, 2010 – Access and Use
Department of the Environment and Local Government
This series of guides is issued to assist persons in discharging their statutory fire safety responsibilities under the Fire Services Act 1981. These guides refer to existing buildings in the uses specified.
- Fire Safety in Guest Accommodation
- Fire Safety in Pre-schools
- Fire Safety in Flats
- Fire Safety in Hostels
- Fire Safety in Nursing Homes
- Code of Practice for the Management of Fire Safety in Places of Assembly
- Code of Practice for Fire Safety of Furnishings and Fittings in Places of Assembly
Department of Education
- Fire Strategy for Schools
- Code of Practice for Safety at Sports Grounds
- Code of Practice for Safety at Outdoor Pop Concerts and other outdoor musical events
BSI Building & Construction Standards and National Standards Authority of Ireland standards are available to purchase online.