Planning Enforcement Information

I want to make a complaint about an unauthorised development, or non compliance with planning permission.

Unauthorised development:

  • You can make a complaint against any unauthorised development in Dublin city, this includes:
    • A new building or other property, e.g. factory, house, garage, playground, etc
    • A change to an existing building or property, e.g. an extension which is larger than the permitted size under the planning exemptions
    • The way in which a property is being used, e.g. a house being used as a workshop
    • You must also indicate your willingness to substantiate this in court if so required

Exempt developments:

Please refer to the attached document.

Exempt Development Leaflet
Contact Details

Planning Department

Telephone Number