Dublin City Council sells and leases sites and properties that are surplus to requirements.
Interested in purchasing Council lands or property?
Sites or properties which are surplus to the Council’s needs may be sold or leased. Available land or properties are generally advertised for sale or lease, or marketed by an agent.
Please note the following:
- All requests should be made in writing to the executive manager, Planning & Property Development Department
- Include a location map identifying the land/property
- Provide outline details of the proposed use of the land/property
- The Council’s ownership of the land/property will be checked and the views of other Council Departments will be sought on the proposal
- If the disposal is considered to be viable the Council’s chief valuer will be requested to value the land/property and to negotiate terms and conditions for the proposed disposal. Terms and conditions will be offered in writing and must be accepted in same
- All proposals to dispose of Council land/property must be approved by the Elected Members of the City Council at its monthly meeting. This is a statutory requirement under Section 183 of the Local Government Act 2001
- Once approved by the Elected Members the Council’s law agent is instructed to prepare the necessary legal document
Properties for Sale
Property management properties held under lease or licence from Dublin City Council are managed by the Property Management Section. It also maintains the Property Register on which details of all Council owned property is recorded.
Properties for Lease
Commercial/retail unit to let
Gross internal area – 100 sq. m
Unit 2 Shangan Neighbourhood Centre,
Shangan Road, Ballymun, Dublin 9.
Properties held under lease or licence from Dublin City Council are managed by the Property Management Section. It also maintains the Property Register on which details of all Council owned property is recorded.