What Services Do We Provide ?
There are an estimated 55,000 gullies within the Dublin City Council area which are cleaned on a continual basis by the Surface Water Operations Division. There are a number of separate gully-cleaning programmes continually in operation which run alongside the routine gully-cleaning work.
The main operational duties of the Division:
- Routine gully-cleaning and other targeted gully-cleaning programmes.
- Gully-cleaning in advance of events including St. Patrick's Day Parade, Dublin Marathon etc.
- Targeted gully-cleaning in advance of and during flooding.
- High-pressure jetting of public sewers using minijet vans.
- CCTV surveys of main surface water networks.