Books in many languages
Dublin City Libraries have a wide range of books in several languages including:
All libraries have children's picture books in different languages and some books in two languages.
Adult fiction books in a variety of languages are held in the following libraries:
- Ballymun Library - French, German, Polish, Spanish, Japanese, Latvian.
- Cabra Library - Czech, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
- Central Library, Ilac Centre - Arabic, Chinese, Czech, French, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish,
- Finglas Library - Polish
- Pearse Street Library - Polish, Spanish
- Phibsboro Library - French, Russian, Spanish
- Rathmines Library - German, Spanish, French, Polish and Russian.
Please ask library staff if you need help finding books in your preferred language.
The Rosetta Collection
The Rosetta Collection is a selection of contemporary Irish writing translated into thirty languages. It includes important donations from the Ireland Literature Exchange and features both household names and lesser known authors, making Irish writing available to a world audience in Dublin.
The Central Library’s World Books collection is available to readers in all public libraries in Ireland.
This is a collection of contemporary German fiction books for adults and children. To view this collection, search of the catalogue using the words "Goethe Institute Collection in our online catalogue. All books are held in the Central Library.
The Moldovan Community in Ireland donated dozens of books in Moldovan to the World Books collection in the Central Library. The collection has fiction and non-fiction books for children and adults. This donation has made the books available to over 5,000 Moldovans currently living in Ireland.
View the Moldovan Collection in the library catalogue.
Bulgarian Favourite Books
The Bulgarian Embassy donated a collection of well-loved Bulgarian books to the World Books Collection in the Central Library.