Build a Scaffold or Hoarding
Teastaíonn ceadúnas uait chun mórchlár fógraíochta nó scafall a thógáil ar chosán nó bóthar poiblí. Chun ceadúnas a cheannach, lean na céimeanna seo:
Step 1: Contact Dublin City Council Roadworks Control Unit
We will arrange for a Roadworks Control Inspector to meet you at the place where you want to set up the hoarding or scaffolding. The Inspector will examine the location and decide whether or not to grant permission.
Step 2: Return a scaffold/hoarding application form to us
If permission is granted, the Inspector will give you an application form which should be completed and returned to Dublin City Council.
Note: You must submit this form every time you want to erect a scaffold or hoarding (there are no automatic renewals).
Enclose the appropriate fee by cheque or money order, made payable to ‘Dublin City Council’. You can also pay using credit card or debit card.
Do not send cash in the post. If you wish to pay in cash, please visit our public customer care office.
Fees for a scaffold/hoarding licence
For hoarding or scaffolding erected on a footpath only (to a maximum width of 30 metres) the charge is €207 per month.
Further charges may apply if:
- The scaffolding or hoarding interferes with a public road
- Alternative arrangements are needed for pedestrians
- The scaffolding or hoarding requires parking bays to be put out of service
- The scaffolding or hoarding is located on the corner of two roads or streets
- The scaffolding or hoarding is erected in a pedestrianised area