Published on 13th March 2023
Marketline is a data intelligence provider focused on the academic sphere. This service is mainly aimed at libraries, universities and colleges but is also used by companies such as investment banks and law practices. It has been in business for over twenty years and employs 1800 analysts. It is a world leading provider of commercial intelligence and covers over 100,000 companies. There are over 3 million intelligence reports and analyses available and every major industry and marketplace in the world is covered. The data on the site comes from both primary sources, such as meetings with company CEOs, and secondary sources such as trade publications.
What does Marketline do?
- There are five areas of focus. These are sector, company, geography, database and content type. This leads to all the data on a subject in one place and both qualitative and quantitative data are provided. Searches can also be conducted by keywords.
- Their market data and insights Include: Industry profiles, industry datafiles, industry statistics, industry value chain, industry case studies and theme reports.
- Marketine also allows exploration of global economy trends which can then be broken down into individual countries and cities. Countries and cities can then be compared to others within the same or different regions.
- An Influencers toolbar is available which focuses on social media. This collates the posts of important industry insiders ranked by knowledge and influence.
- The Deals section covers a host of different business deals dating back five years.
- There are also sections covering industry trends and up to date business news.
All of these features make Marketline a very useful and valuable resource with a wealth of subjects covered and information available.
Who will find Marketline useful?
Marketline is particularly useful for students of the core business subjects including finance, management and accounting students. It can also be useful to those starting their own business and wanting to research a market or those who wish to expand their business into different markets
How to access this service
Email your enquiry to [email protected] and a librarian will search the database and let you know what the process yields. You will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions (by email). After you have emailed your acceptance a copy of the relevant information will then be emailed to you.
Who can access this service?
This service is available to members of Dublin City Libraries. If you are not a member you can join online. The service is also available to members of the public referred by our Work Matters library partners.
Submitted by Terry in Central library.