Dublin City Neighbourhoods Competition
The Dublin City Neighbourhoods Competition is an annual competition for communities, schools and businesses in the city organised by Dublin City Council. The aim of the competition is to bring about a cleaner, greener environment and to make local areas more attractive for the benefit of all city residents and visitors.
The competition recognises the great work that schools, businesses and communities carry out to improve and enhance their neighbourhood, keeping it clean and well presented.
If your community, school or business have undertaken a project to enhance your local area, you can enter the Dublin City Neighbourhoods Competition under the following categories:
- 1 – 150 Dwellings
- 151 – 300 Dwellings
- 300 Dwellings and Over
- Flat/Apartment Complex
- Senior Citizen Complex
- Open Green Space
- Community Environment Initiative
- Community Garden
- Urban Village
- Mixed Use Street
- Individual Contribution
- Best New Entry
- Endeavour Award (Most Improved Entry)
- Team Dublin Clean-up Award
Marks will be awarded for the Residential / Special categories Competition under the following criteria:
- Voluntary Community effort (50%)
- Absence of litter/graffiti (25%)
- Landscaping/biodiversity, where relevant (15%)
- Overall impression (10%)
- Shop Front
- Business Environment Initiative and Sustainability Initiative (Water Conservation/Energy Efficiency)
- Waste Management Initiative
The “Urban Village” and “Mixed Use Street” categories could be a joint effort involving residents and business.
Primary and Secondary Schools are invited to enter this competition.
Marks will be awarded under the following judging criteria:
- Upkeep of school’s precinct i.e. landscaping/biodiversity/absence of litter and graffiti (40%)
- Waste Management/Recycling Initiatives (25%)
- Water Conservation/Energy Efficiency Initiatives (25%)
- Special Environmental Projects (10%)
This competition is now closed
How to enter:
All entries must include:
- A completed Entry Form. Please ensure that you complete the form fully, chosen the correct category and given details of all your activities and endeavours in keeping your area an attractive place to live. If you need an extra page to tell your full story, please add it on.
- A sketch map, which clearly indicates the area to be judged and the location of any special features. Entries not including a sketch will not be considered.
- Four photographs of the area. These photos should give a general impression of the area and any improvements made. Photographs should have name, address and contact details for the entrant written on the back.
- One page action plan of project to be carried out in the future (where relevant).
- Completed Entry Forms must be signed by a Representative of the Association / Business / School.
Completed entries should be marked "City Neighbourhoods Competition 2023" and posted to:
Dublin City Council,
Waste Management Services, Eblana House
68/71 Marrowbone Lane,
By email: [email protected]