My Open Library
My Open Library is an unstaffed, self-service library, available at Pembroke Library and Raheny Library every day of the year! During My Open Library Hours you can borrow and return items, print, photocopy, use the Internet, access Free Wifi and use our study space.
- Available from 8am - 10pm 7 days a week at Pembroke Library and Raheny Library.
- You must have a valid Dublin City Libraries card. Join online.
- You must be 16 or over to register for this service. Under 16s can access with a parent or guardian only. Borrowers must bring a valid age ID (passport, age card etc.)
- If you would like to become a My Open Library Member please Book an Induction Session first. Please bring along your library card and some photo ID.
Staffed hours continue on the normal schedule.
My Open Library is monitored by CCTV all the time.
To request access please ensure you have up-to-date Dublin City Libraries membership and complete this form to book an induction session. We will then be in touch regarding your induction session.
Entering and Exiting the library
- You must have your library card and PIN
- Scan your card under the barcode reader beside the front door
- The barcode must be facing up and the numbers facing in and when you hear a beep, enter your PIN
- The door will open automatically for 15 seconds.
- Wait in the foyer until the door has closed. It is your responsibility not to let anyone else in. You must enter separately from any other My Open Library member
- When exiting Pembroke Library press the blue button located on the left side of the door.
- When exiting Raheny Library the automatic doors will open as you approach and close behind you when you exit.
The library closes at 10pm sharp. Please follow the audio instructions and leave the library on time. The intruder alarm will set automatically at closing time. Anyone remaining in the library after 10pm will activate the intruder alarm, alerting the security company.
Email [email protected] to report any issues arising while using My Open Library. In the case of an emergency, follow the procedure below.
In the event of a fire alarm a siren will be triggered in the building. Please leave the library through the nearest emergency exit. In the event of a power cut, emergency lighting will activate. Please leave the library through the nearest emergency exit.
Emergency procedures for Pembroke Library | Raheny Library.
If you feel unsafe in the library, or someone follows you in without using their card and pin:
- Use the emergency phone to contact the monitoring company or use your mobile phone to contact the monitoring company on 049-9527100.
- In the case of an emergency use your mobile phone to call 999 / 112 for emergency services.
- The Eircode for Pembroke Library is D04 H765 and Raheny Library is D05VY99
A First Aid Box is located next to the emergency phone.