New Parks and Projects
The Parks, Biodiversity and Landscape Services of Dublin City Council implement a range of capital improvements and new projects each year.
These projects range from
The upgrade of existing parks (for instance the redesign of St. Audeon’s Park) as well as the design and construction of new city parks (for instance the opening of Bridgefoot Street Park and Weaver Park). Other significant areas of work within this programme include:
- The upgrade of existing as well as the construction of new playgrounds across the city to take account of new ways of play, population growth and of course renewal of older play infrastructure
- The upgrade of existing sports facilities within the network of city parks, from changing room pavilions to all-weather pitches
- The design and construction of new parks facilities such as tea rooms in our significant parks
- The management of conservation works in our historic parks and graveyards
- The design and implementation of extensive greening strategies and open space improvements across the city to improve the quality of life of local residents and visitors alike through greening enhancements of the physical environment
The Capital Programme is implemented with the aim of ensuring value for money as well as enhancing the quality life of citizens and visitors to the city.