1.3 Users of the Strategy
The strategy has been developed for five main audiences:
- Residents – The public engagement process let us know what the public think of the current provision of parks and green spaces in the city and informed the vision and objectives of this Strategy.
- Public and Private Interface – The Strategy ensures that there is a clear understanding of the relationships between new development and the parks and landscape resource.
- Council – The Strategy has been developed to reflect Council priorities and to assist Council with decision-making, particularly through the Dublin City Development Plan.
- Dublin City Council Staff – The Strategy proposes directions and actions to address issues and emerging trends that will require collaboration between departments.
- Visitors – The Strategy aims to enhance visitor’s connection with Dublin’s parks and landscape resource. Their impression of Dublin as a destination is influenced by the quality and experience of its public spaces.