Royal Canal Greenway Phase 3 project is part of the Dublin City Council core active travel network, and is funded by the National Transport Authority (NTA). It will provide high quality walking and cycling facilities along the banks of the Royal Canal for a distance of 2.1km, extending from Newcomen Bridge, North Stand to Cross Guns Bridge, Phibsborough. It is a primary route in the NTA Greater Dublin Area Cycle Network Plan. The project includes a new bridge across the canal, ramped access to the canal towpath, signalised road crossings, ducting for high voltage electricity cables, enhanced landscaping and tree planting.
The RCGP3 Project will:
- Provide high quality, continuous, safe and accessible protected cycling and walking facilities to cater for all ages and abilities to meet existing and future demand.
- Deliver improvements by creating a community plaza, tree planting and delivery of soft landscaping.
- Provide a new pedestrian and cycle bridge across the Royal Canal.
- Install additional pedestrian/cycle road crossings along the entire corridor.” to “pedestrian and cycle road crossings along the entire route.
- In addition to cycling and walking network upgrades the project, in partnership with ESB Networks, will facilitate future electricity network upgrades.
How to contact us
If you would like further information on the RCGP3 Project or to contact us, please see the options below:
- Email - [email protected] with subject ‘RCGP3 Project’
- Address - Active Travel Programme Office, Dublin City Council, Cavendish House, Block D, Arran Court, Arran Quay, Dublin 7, D07 H5CH
- Telephone - Dublin City Council’s Project Liaison Officer: (01) 222 2536