C2CC Project: Overview
Dublin City Council is delivering the Clontarf to City Centre Project
The Clontarf to City Centre Cycle & Bus Priority Project (C2CC Project) will provide segregated cycling facilities and bus priority infrastructure along a 2.7km route that extends from Clontarf Road at the junction with Alfie Byrne Road, to Amiens Street at the junction with Talbot Street. The route is identified as a primary route in the Greater Dublin Area Cycle Network Plan, published by the National Transport Authority in 2013.
The project will deliver the following:
- Provide high quality, continuous and consistent cycling facilities to cater for existing and future demand;
- Improve the urban realm, landscape and built environment along the route;
- Protect vulnerable road users through the delivery of a safe and attractive route for commuter and recreational cycling, and the upgrade and provision of additional pedestrian crossings;
- Improve bus journey times and reliability;
- Simplify the interchange between bus services and other transport modes;
- Reduce reliance on private car transport;
- Provide for a reduction in transport emissions through encouraging a modal shift to active travel and public transport use;
The following stages have been completed on the C2CC Project:
- Approval of a Sustainable Transport Measures Grant from the National Transport Authority in 2012.
- Completion of Option Selection in 2012.
- Preliminary Design – prepared by RPS Consulting Engineers between 2014 and 2016.
- Part 8 Planning Application Submitted in early 2017.
- Design Amendments made in relation to trees and junctions.
- A revised Part 8 planning application was submitted in 2017.
- Between 2017 and 2020, a detailed design was developed, in conjunction with all stakeholders and led by ROD Consulting Engineers.
- In 2021 Dublin City Council ran a tender process to select a preferred construction contractor for the C2CC Project.
- In December 2021, the National Transport Authority granted approval for the project to proceed to construction.
- In January 2022, Clonmel Enterprises were awarded the contract to construct the Clontarf to City Centre Project.
The contact details for the main contractor for the works are:
Clonmel Enterprises Limited
24-Hour Emergency Contact: 086 032 4904
Email: [email protected]