Keeping active and being outdoors during the winter is vitally important for promoting good physical and mental health and wellbeing.
See the links below for the list of Dublin City Council’s Sport and Leisure centres, Facebook page with various exercises, options for cycling or links for one of the simplest and more effective activity – Walking.
- Dublin City Sport & Wellbeing Partnership –
- Change for Life 2021 Virtual Hub – fitness classes, nutrition talk and weekly changes.
- Online exercise videos for all ages and abilities on our Facebook page
- Dublin City Council Sport and Leisure centres
- Greater Dublin Area Cycling Network Plan
- Stationless bicycles
- Get Ireland Walking– national initiative to maximise the number of people participating in walking
- Find a Walking Group in Dublin
- Walk&Talk - programme
- Special Olympics Together at Home fitness – light and enjoyable home workouts
Gardening for Biodiversity
Education & Training Natural Heritage & Biodiversity / Published 2020
Taking a very practical approach, the book details projects to help wildlife of all kinds under a range of headings, with tasks suitable for everyone from the total beginner to the more ambitious DIY enthusiast.
Produced by Local Authority Heritage Officers across Ireland, with help from the National Parks and Wildlife Service and the Heritage Council.
View the accompanying colouring book below