Street Performance includes the playing of musical instruments, singing, dancing, theatrical performance, poetry, juggling, acting etc. and a permit is required to perform in Dublin
The permits offered are as follows:
Street Performance Permit €30 per year (from date of application) €10 visitor permit ( two weeks from date of application)
- Permit to use amplification €60 per year (in addition to standard permit) €20 visitor permit ( two weeks from date of application)
Permit application requirements:
- Fully signed application form
- Passport photos
- Proof of ID ( Passport, Driving Licence)
- Proof of address ( Utility bill, bank statement)
- Appropriate fee
All documents can be posted or emailed to the Licensing Unit, the contact details are on the application form.
There are a number of important changes to the 2015 Bye-Laws, including:
- Backing tracks are no longer permitted.
- Performers can only stay on Grafton Street for one hour before moving.
- Performances must start and end on the hour mark.
- A two-week visitor permit has been introduced.
- New permits are subject to a six-week probation period.
The Street Performers Bye-Laws 2016 and all application forms can be downloaded below.
Maps of the Prohibited Places and other restrictions referred to in the Bye-Laws may be viewed below.