If you are finding it difficult to pay your mortgage or you have missed a repayment, please contact the Mortgage Support Unit T. 01 222 5055. Our team will go through your options with you to agree a plan that suits you best.
Are you having difficulty with your Mortgage Repayments?
We are here to help, please do not delay in making contact.
Dublin City Council’s Mortgage Support Unit has a dedicated team ready to take your call. It is Dublin City Council’s policy that every effort is made to assist borrowers who encounter difficulties in meeting their mortgage repayments.
If you believe there is a possibility that you may fall into arrears due to changed circumstances e.g., impending redundancy, reduced working hours, reduced wage rates or unexpected life events etc., which could impact negatively your income and your ability to repay your mortgage, please contact:
Mortgage Support Unit on
Phone: (01) 222 5055 or
Email: [email protected]
Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP)
Dublin City County Council has introduced the Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP) to provide help to borrowers who are having difficulty in meeting their mortgage repayments. There are four components to the process:
Dublin City Council will contact you by phone or email in the first instance. If you receive a phone call or any written correspondence, please do not ignore it. Get in touch immediately. Our dedicated team is here to engage with you.
In order to assess your finances, Dublin City Council will need to get information from you about your personal financial situation. To do this we will ask you to complete a “Standard Financial Statement”. This allows us to see all of your monthly income and outgoings. If you require assistance in completing the Standard Financial Statement, please contact a member of the Mortgage Support Team who will be happy to assist with your query.
Dublin City Council assess each case individually. In order to reasonably assess your financial situation and the best option for you; it is necessary for you to gather your income and expenditure details i.e. pay slips, social welfare details, details of other loans, bank statements.
There are a number of options available under the MARP Process. Dublin City Council determine the most suitable and sustainable resolution taking into consideration the borrowers current circumstances while also being mindful the Local Authority’s commitments on their loan.
Who can I contact?
- Contact Dublin County Council Mortgage Support Unit on 01 2225055 or by e-mail at [email protected]
- Contact the financial institutes with whom you have other debts with a view to agreeing revised repayments
- Contact Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS): Money advice service, guiding people through dealing with problem debts. Tel: 076 107 2000 or by visiting website www.mabs.ie. ( https://www.mabs.ie/en/ )
- Contact Citizens Information Service who provide information, advice and advocacy on a large range of public and social services. Tel: 076 107 4000 or further information on www.citizensinformation ( https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/ )
- Insolvency Service Ireland (ISI) – the following is a link to the ISI, which will provide information on the processes under the personal Insolvency Act 2012 www.isi.gov.ie ( https://www.isi.gov.ie/ )
- Contact your local Social Welfare Office