Residential Institution Employee Parking Permit
A Resident’s Parking Permit may be issued by the Council to an individual if the Council is satisfied that he/she is required as part of his/her employment to reside overnight in a Residential Institution for more than 183 nights per year (as certified by your employer).
Residential Institution means a place of employment such as a nursing home, hostel, hotel, convent, embassy or other institution of a similar nature.
You can apply for a Residential Institution Employee’s Permit by completing the application form (see below) and submitting it to the Parking Permits Section (see details below) along with the appropriate supporting documents.
You must submit:
- A fully completed application form, which must be countersigned by your employer.
- A copy of the Insurance Certificate for your vehicle.
Please note the following will not be accepted by the City Council: Temporary Insurance Certificates; International motor insurance cards (“Green Cards”); Insurance Discs; Insurance Schedules; Insurance Renewal Notices or receipts and letters in lieu of the Insurance Certificate.
Conditions of Permit eligibility:
- Residential Institution has no off road parking available to it
- The maximum number of Resident's Parking Permits issuable concurrently to any one Residential Institution shall be two.
- A resident’s permit shall be granted for a maximum period of one year, subject to submission of acceptable evidence of residency.
Your permit will be posted to you at your place of work.
Complete applications can be submitted to [email protected]