Driver Awareness of Cyclists at Traffic Signal Junctions
Flashing amber arrows for left and right turning vehicles are now being rolled out across Dublin City
This will reinforce the existing road regulations, requiring turning vehicles to give way to cyclists proceeding straight ahead at a junction.
Guide for Drivers
- Vehicles going straight ahead should proceed through the junction as normal, following the traffic lights.
- When the amber arrow flashes, vehicles turning left, or right, must watch out for cyclists going straight ahead or turning before proceeding.
- Vehicles can make their turn once safe to do so.
Guide for Cyclists
- Cyclists should follow the signals provided for their desired travel direction and proceed with caution. Remember that all vehicles have blind spots and the driver may not be able to see you.
To view this, you must update your
Phase 1 will include the following junctions: Phase 1 - Roll Out
- Infirmary Road / Conyngham Road / Parkgate St, Dublin 8
- Balbutcher Lane (North/South), Ballymun, Dublin 11