16.11 Bed and Breakfasts, Guest Houses
Bed and Breakfasts, Guest Houses
Planning permission is required for the conversion of more than four bedrooms in a dwelling house into a bed and breakfast establishment, in accordance with Article 10(4) of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001(as amended).
In determining planning applications for change of use to bed and breakfast, guesthouse, hotel or hostel in residential areas, the planning authority will have regard to the following:
- Size and nature of facility
- The effect on the amenity of neighbouring residents
- The standard of accommodation for the intended occupiers of the premises
- The availability of adequate, safe and convenient arrangements for car parking and servicing
- The type of advertising proposed
- The effect on listed buildings and/or conservation areas The number of existing facilities in the area.