Other Local Authorities (records)
Grand Jury of the County of the City of Dublin.
Rathmines and Rathgar Township Archives 1847 – 1930.
Rathmines Township was created in 1847 by Act of Parliament.
In 1862, under the Rathmines and Rathgar Improvement Act, the townlands of Rathgar and Sandymount (which included the present-day Ranelagh) were added and re-named the Rathmines and Rathgar Township.
This was further extended in 1866 to include Uppercross and in 1880 to include Milltown. Initially the Township was created as a sanitary area but new functions were added over time and the Township became responsible for public lighting, water supply, drainage and the erection of a number of small housing schemes. Under the Local Government (Dublin) Act of 1930 the Rathmines and Rathgar Township became part of the City of Dublin and its administration was taken over by Dublin City Council.
Pembroke Township Archives 1863 - 1930
The Pembroke Township was created in 1863; in 1898 under the Local Government Act it became the Pembroke Urban District Council. Its jurisdiction covered the present-day areas of Donnybrook, Ballsbridge, Sandymount and Ringsend. In 1930 the Pembroke Urban District Council became part of the jurisdiction of the City of Dublin and its administration was taken over by Dublin City Council. This area was originally part of the estate of the Earl of Pembroke and the collection includes legal documents from Lord Pembroke to Dublin City Council. The collection also includes minute books and correspondence.